Statement from The Waterfront Hotel: Movement Restriction Order and Coronavirus
We understand how the situation surrounding the novel coronavirus, also known as the COVID-19, has created concern and anxiety for many. Following the developments in the COVID-19 cases within Malaysia, the Prime Minister announced a Movement Control Order which is to take effect from 18th March to 31st March.
We recognize that this has led to many questions regarding our hotel, your upcoming room reservations and for some, your current stay with us. We would like to take this opportunity to share with you how we will be moving forth from here.
We begin with an assurance to all our guests that it shall be business as usual. Our hotel will continue to serve all our existing guests who are still with us, as well as those with upcoming room reservations and those who require our rooms. Our restaurant will also remain open during this time to ensure that our guests are well taken care of during this time.
Our guests’, team members’, and all our visitors’ health and well-being are our number one priority. In order to ensure the hotel remains a place where we may continue about our work and activities safely and with peace of mind, the management is actively practising the following preventive measures:
- All guest rooms are well sanitized with alcohol-based rubs to wipe all surfaces within the room. Cleaning procedures are strictly adhered to in order to ensure a clean and hygienic room is presented to each guest.
- All guest room sheets are changed with every check-out as per usual practice.
- Hand sanitizers have been installed at every lift landing area, including room floors, Level 4, P1 and P2. Public areas such as the function room area and the lobby are also equipped with hand sanitizers which guests may use while on-the-go.
- All door handles and commonly touched surfaces are wiped with alcohol sanitizers. Lift buttons are sanitized once every 2 hours.
- All guests are now required to undergo a temperature check prior to entering the hotel’s premises. We encourage guests who suspect they may have been exposed to the virus or who are feeling unwell to seek medical care promptly. For guests who have been found with a fever, we will assist you in seeking immediate medical care.
- All team members are checked for their temperature when arriving to work and leaving work. Any team member with an abnormal temperature will be sent home. All team members are equipped with a “I Am Fever Free” sticker for our guests’ assurance and identification.
- Hand sanitizers are provided to each department and all team members are strongly encouraged to wash their hands frequently and to use the hand sanitizer provided.
- Health and safety measures have been circulated among the staff force through the management in order to ensure each individual practise responsible hygiene care in order to protect one another.
Through this period, if you ever need to make changes to your travel plans, we encourage you to reach out to us through any of the following channels:
Email: [email protected]
Whatsapp: +6012 887 2686
Direct call: +6082 227 227
We understand that these may be uncertain times where new developments and changes might occur in the days to come. We are actively monitoring the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) updates from the World Health Organization, the federal government and the Sarawak State Disaster Management Committee, and will continue to respond based on the best advice of governments, public health authorities, and medical professionals. Any changes will be shared with our guests immediately.
We want you to know that your safety, health and well-being is our number one priority. We urge everyone to practice good personal hygiene during this period; each of us can make a difference.